Where is the school located?
1422 S Tech Lane Meridian ID 83642
What are the school hours?
Standard Days (M, T, TH, F):
- 1st-12th grade: 8:15am - 3:15pm
- Kindergarten AM: 8:15am - 11:30am
- Kindergarten PM: 12:00pm - 3:15pm
- 1st-12th grade: 8:15am - 1:45pm
- Kindergarten AM: 8:15am - 10:45am
- Kindergarten PM: 11:15am - 1:45pm
Who can apply for the school?
All students are welcome to apply for the lottery at Project Impact Stem Academy but students in the school district boundaries have priority over those outside the district boundaries. See the Admissions Process page for more information.
How can I get involved?
We value parent and community involvement at our school. If you would like more information about getting involved contact the Pi STEM Parents Project at email@example.com.
What supplies will my child need?
What is the dress code?
Pi STEM is committed to creating and maintaining an appropriate, academic, and respectful school culture. Our dress philosophy reinforces and supports a professional school environment. Most importantly, clothes should never get in the way of learning. Student should come to school prepared for the activities in their schedule for the day. This means wearing comfortable clothing appropriate for the school environment and culture.
- The students’ general appearance should be crisp, clean, and sharp. Attire should not be distracting to the educational process.
- At no time are pants to be worn below the waist or hanging from the hips nor should undergarments be visible.
- Pajamas and slippers are not allowed.
- Hats may be worn outside during fall and winter months, and with staff approval inside the building.
- All skirts and shorts must reach below the student’s fingertips when their arms are fully extended and their hands are placed on their thighs.
- Students should not show any midriff area, undergarments (including bra straps) and shall not wear clothing with spaghetti straps or any other apparel that shows cleavage.
- Clothing that has offensive or distracting language or graphics is not permitted.
- Clothing may not advertise or promote any product or activity that is subject to age restrictions, i.e. alcohol products, guns/weapons, tobacco products, adult-only behaviors or products.
Here is the official school policy:
What are the pick-up and drop off procedures?
These are currently being developed for the new location.
Do I have to fill out one enrollment application for each child?
Yes. One enrollment application per child you are intending to enroll in the school is required for the lottery. More information is available on the Enrollment page.
What is the process if my child is accepted to the school?
- After conducting the selection process, Pi-STEM will call the parent, guardian, or other person who submitted an admission request on behalf of the student, advising the person that the student has been selected for admission to Pi STEM. At that time, or within 48 hours of notification, a verbal acceptance of the offer is expected. This acceptance will hold the students spot at Pi STEM until the offer letter is signed. The offer letter must be signed by the student’s parent or guardian, and returned to Pi STEM by the date designated in the offer letter from Pi-STEM.
- Within fourteen days after conducting the selection process, Pi STEM will email the parent or guardian, or other person who has submitted an admission request on behalf of the student, advising them that the perspective student is not eligible for admission, but will be placed on a waiting list and may be eligible for admission at a later date if a seat becomes available.
- If a parent, guardian, or other person receives a verbal admission offer, or an offer letter on behalf of a student and declines admission, either verbally or by failing to sign and return the offer in a timely manner by the date designated in the offer letter, then the name of that student will be removed from the final selection list, and that seat will be made available to the next eligible student on the final selection list.
- If a student withdraws from Pi-STEM during the school year for any reason, then the seat that opens in that grade will be made available to the next eligible student on the final selection list.
Why use STEM and Mastery/Competency Based Education?
- We believe that STEM and Mastery/Competency Based Education are important tools in improving the way our children learn. Visit our What is STEM page for more information. We also have our recommended reading and viewing pages with more resources about this style of learning.
- We need more STEM educated individuals as outlined in this report.